Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Magic of Taiwanese dramas

It's amazing how, without fail, after I watch a Taiwanese drama, I tell myself that I am going to become just like the main character (without her flaws, of course). Aside from the fact that most of the characters are thin, may have really awesome clothes, most importantly, they have very strong personalities. If the protagonist isn't obsessing over a super genius, then she's extremely moral fights for the protection of a forgotten land, or she tries her hardest to be the perfect wall flower. Whatever the case may be, they know who they are and they stay true to themselves (otherwise, there would be a lot of difficulty following the characters in the story, wouldn't there be?). I think this is what gets me the most-although my parents never required much other than my happiness, I still often felt the need to please others, even if it sacrifices what I think should be done/is right. I want to get stronger and make sure that people don't step all over who I am (even though I'm at less of a risk since I'm not in the finance world, harhar).

On another note, there's also an astonishing amount of self-discipline in the dramas...we'll see how long this inspiration lasts. First step: removing facebook from bookmarks, we'll see how I do without facebook for a week (I'm almost positive that it'll free up a lot of time for me to actually read the news and other educated sources of information...).

**It's terrible that the impact of Taiwanese dramas on my life has gone this far...

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious what Taiwanese drama did you watch? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Knock Knock Loving You-it's not even the best one I've seen! But it's left a very deep impression on me! =) It's very short, so easy to finish watching too

    ReplyDelete